Friday, 27 September 2013

Thursday 26th September - Singapore

Finally - we made it to Changi Airport.  I admit I did have thoughts for Van Tong Nguyen who was executed here (in ~ 2007).  I went to his funeral service at St Patrick's in Melbourne - I know, a drug dealer and all, but he was such a young man, and I feel that he just made a mistake.  I didn't want to come to Singapore in protest but ...

Pam and her daughter, Georgie, met us in a taxi at Starbucks at Raffles.  It was a beautiful morning when we arrived, about 29 degrees and a bit overcast, but a few hours later, it absolutely bucketed down and the rain set in for several hours.

After checking in to the Grand Park City Hall Hotel, we had a quick shower and change and headed out with our two personal tour guides to see the sights.  Pam and Graeme have just been posted to Chenai, India.  Georgie and Liam will be boarding at Caulfield Grammar - so they may have John as their maths teacher.  Who knows?!

We toured downtown Singapore, and ventured to the buildings with the big ship that sits atop - the MBS Skypark Observation Deck.  We had lunch at a little hole in the wall that's owned by a couple of Aussies.  We've booked a couple of pews for lunch and to watch the Grand Final on Saturday.

Pam and Georgie on the Skydeck

We took loads of piccies of Singapore - the views were fantastic.

A train back to the hotel - and we were all tucked up and fast asleep by 8 pm.


.



No comments:

Post a Comment